My mission is to provide complete, quality dental care in the most efficient and up-to-date manner. To give my patients professional care with a personal touch and to make a difference in their lives by improving their smiles and overall dental health.
I am passionate about improving each patient’s smile. It is very rewarding to transform a patient’s dental health through treatment and education and to restore and improve the confidence they have in their smile. — Dr. Pohl
Education and Continuing Education
Dr. Gregory Pohl has been practicing dentistry for more than 30 years. He chose the field as a way to provide care and use his skills to help other people. Dr. Pohl received his Bachelor of Science in biology from the University of Cincinnati in 1983. He earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry in 1987.
The Buttermilk Dentistry team work constantly on improving our skills, so our patients have a great experience and receive exemplary dental care. Dr. Pohl leads the team by being enthusiastic and engaged. He believes in lifetime care and truly listens to our patients. His experience allows him to provide the highest quality of care.
To keep up with the latest trends and technology when it comes to dentistry, Dr. Pohl attends continuing education seminars and courses.
- Externship at McGill University Faculty of Dentistry Montreal, Canada
- Invisalign®-Certified Orthodontic Gold Preferred Provider
- Aesthetic continuum on Cosmetic Dentistry Faculty
- Implant training at the Perio Institute
- Laser training for diode and CO2 lasers
- Heartland Dental mentor doctor
- American Dental Association
- Kentucky Dental Association
- Northern Kentucky Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Lifetime Alumnus
- Past president of the Northern Kentucky Dental Society
- Past member of the American Dental Association National Council on Membership
- Kentucky Dental Association fellowship award
- Partner, Nobel Biocare for implant dentistry
- America’s Top Dentists
- Heartland Dental President’s Club
In addition, Dr. Pohl has been very involved in organized dentistry. He volunteers his time in free dental clinics as a way to give back to the professional and local communities.
Outside the Office
Dr. Pohl lives in Cincinnati with his wife of more than two decades, Lynda. They have three children — Connor, Alexandra, and Cameron — as well as a pair of Golden Retrievers named Khaki and Cashmere.
Outside of work, family and friends are Dr. Pohl’s passion. He loves spending time traveling and learning new things along the way. He believes that life is best shared with those important to you. Dr. Pohl can be found coaching his kids’ teams or watching them play in games, riding his bike or running, wakeboarding in the summer, skiing in the winter, and reading.